University of Worcester Arena
Continental Sports are delighted to have been selected as the supplier of sports equipment to this stunning new sports hall at the University of Worcester Arena.
The Arena features a hall with 3 basketball courts, 12 badminton courts, 3 volleyball courts, 3 netball courts and 2 futsal / handball courts.
Continental worked with the University to determine their exact equipment requirements taking account of the levels of sport that were expected to be played or that the University wanted to be able to offer.
The final package provided by Continental was therefore a bespoke combination of equipment from several of our equipment supplier partners meeting all necessary levels of the different sports' governing bodies requirements for the appropriate levels of play.
The equipment supplied by Continental included:
- 3 pairs of Continental's roof mounted electrically retractable matchplay basketball goals with Perspex backboards, TuffGuard padding, and load arrestors
- 1 pair of Schelde Super Sam 325 portable basketball backstops for FIBA 1 level play
- Division netting to separate the three basketball courts
- Demountable rebound screens to separate the full length viewing corridor from the field of play. These were supplied in a special "Sea Jade" colour to match the sports hall walls (Continental are the only manufacturer of rebound screens that don't restrict you to standard blue or green, but offer an enormous range of bespoke colours)
- 8 pairs of Continental's competition standard socketed badminton posts with storage bases
- 4 pairs of Continental's competition freestanding badminton posts
- 4 roll out competition level portable badminton courts
- 2 pairs of Schelde socketed Collegiate 2000 volleyball posts, nets and umpires stands
- 3 pairs of Continental's competition socketed netball posts
- 2 pairs of Continental's steel Futsal goals
The Arena is already proving itself having been the venue of the Netball Superleague Final shortly after opening, and has already been confirmed as the venue for the 2015 European Wheelchair Basketball Championships and the Great Britain Wheelchair Basketball training venue for the 2016 Paralympic Games.
Later this year, the Arena becomes home to the Worcester Wolves Basketball team. The University of Worcester Arena was one of only six national projects to receive funding from Sport England’s Iconic Facilities Olympic legacy fund, with a grant of £1.5m and also attracted grants from The Trustees of the Foundation for Sport and the Arts (£250,000), England Basketball (£375,000), England Badminton (£200,000).
Continental are delighted that such a prestigious venue with backing from some of sports biggest governing bodies selected Continental to provide equipment that would meet the standards of sporting excellence that were necessary for this facility.
Eight of the badminton courts have competition standard socketed posts from Continental and the main four courts have competition freestanding posts from Continental which are used on the four roll-out portable badminton courts supplied by Continental.
The Schelde Super Sam 325 portable basketball backstops are FIBA Level 1 certified and have recently been used at Great Britain v Canada Wheelchair Basketball match. For non-show court matches, Continental's 3 pairs of roof mounted basketball goals fold neatly into the roof space.
Hill Top Road,
Telephone: 01484 542051
Fax: 01484 539148