In areas of a sports or leisure facility where participants may come into contact with walls or similar obstructions then it may be appropriate to pad those areas. Equally in special needs areas it may be wise to pad certain areas of rooms and protrusions etc. Similarly in police combat training rooms and other areas where safety requires padded rather than hard walls Continental's bespoke wall padding solutions may be ideal.
Continental Sports has supplied and installed wall padding in a wide range of facilities including:
- Gymnastics training centres
- Trampoline parks
- Combat rooms and dojos
- Violent man training rooms
- Calm-down / chillout rooms
Even in situations where the users of a room are highly unlikely actually to make contact with a wall, their performance may be affected by the psychological concern that they are trying to avoid a contact so the padding can offer reassurance without hopefully ever being needed.
We offer a choice of standard thicknesses:
- 40mm thick comprising 30mm resilient foam uphostered to 6mm plywood - to provide cushioning to try to significantly reduce the risk of lacerations or fractures
- 100mm thick comprising a 50mm absorbent layer of softer foam laminated to 40mm of resilient foam on a 9mm plywood backing - to provide added softness for situations where it is anticipated there will be more user contact with the foam rather than it being a simply a safety feature
- 200mm thick comprising a 150mm absorbent layer of softer foam laminated to 40mm of resilient foam on a 9mm plywood backing - additional cushioning where regular contact from falls or collisions is expected, perhaps at the end of a shortened vault dismount or tumble track
- 300mm thick comprising a 250mm absorbent layer of softer foam laminated to 40mm of resilient foam on a 9mm plywood backing - extra thick cushioning often used at the end of indoor sprint tracks where fast collision is expected
The pads are manufactured on plywood panels and are attached to timber bearers using VELCRO® fasteners. Having these removable panels provides flexibility to swap them should any damage occur. We offer an alternative semi-permanent fixing of the panels is situations where malicious removal may be a concern.
The PVC upholstery is washable and is available in a range of some 27 colours. [SEE PVC COLOUR CHART]
We are able to digitally print onto wall padding to provide bespoke branding solutions.
Padding is priced on a bespoke basis as the cost depends on the thickness, height, number of columns and corners, and the necessity for any cut-outs for switches, alarms or power points. To enable us to quote we therefore need a drawing and or photographs of your room and requirements - a CAD drawing of the room is ideal, but we are able to work from a dimensioned sketch and photos.